Veritas R8 False Alarms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Texecom Veritas R8 burglar alarm installed. All been working great for many years. Recently there have been false alarms.

When not armed - the internal sounders go off, and the alarm will not stop when the user code is entered. It goes on for a while then stops - apparently for no reason.

The only thing i can think of is maybe the batteries are spent. They are original and about 14 years old.

Any suggestions or experience of this problem?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
They are original and about 14 years old.

:LOL: :LOL:
The most common reason for an alarm going off when not armed is a tamper failure. The indicators should point you to the reason for alarming. But given the age of your batteries I think that replacement would be a great place to start!

Why do people not change the batteries in their alarm systems?

I know, they are rechargeable, they will go on forever.

No they don't!

Sponsored Links
Why do people not change the batteries in their alarm systems?

I know, they are rechargeable, they will go on forever.

No they don't!

9 times out of 10, they forget there's one even in there! You tell them that it needs changing every 3-5 years, but it never gets done. Then they have problems down the line and wonder why!

That being said, I know of many people who are frightened to death by their alarm, and wouldn't dare try and change a battery themselves, but they never get it serviced every year, and are the first to call you when the system that I installed is having problems and it going off and giving faults and beeping etc

Moral of the story? People think that stuff lasts forever, and in today's world, it most certainly doesn't

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back