House Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can anyone help, I've installed a "Texecom veritas 8 kit" I bought new
on the net. It consists of a Texecom Veritas R8 control panel and RKP,
4 Reflex PIRs and an Odyssey 1E SAB. The problem is with the PIR's.
Once installed I tried the "walk around test", only 3 out of 4 PIR's
alarmed (got LEDs lit up on all 4 at start). I reconnected all points
on this one and tried again, now this PIR causes 4 error beeps at the
start of the "walk around test" and now NONE of the PIRs has an LED
lit. I've checked the fuses in the control panel which are ok. Have
Iblown the control panel? or is it something simple?

Anyone got any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Have you connected each PIR to a different zone? If not, then try this as it should prevent a number of problems. Are all other zones "looped out" - do they have a loop of wire/metal connecting the the terminals together?

Have you wired the Anti-Tamper loop in "series" or in "parrellel"? It should be one loop starting at the panel, going through each of the PIR's (and external siren if required) and then back to the panel.

I have just moved into a house with this alarm system (Texecom Veritas R8 ) I have the codes but no instructions on how to setup the part set so it remembers the omitted zones, can anyone help ?

Sponsored Links
tried that it only gives you access to the user guide which does not tell you, it says your engineer should be able to pre program part set to your settings. Thanks for the reply though.

Why did this appear in my phone logon at 19 years old.

a little surprised.

probably a wiring fault or damaged cable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back