Odd problem With Zone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a door contact fail on the alarm, it was sticking closed, giving it a tap released it so I knew that needed replacing.

Before I could replace it I forgot it was stuck and walked past setting off the alarm by the one of the PIR's, ever since this happened that PIR is showing as active on the panel (light on when setting, beeps 7 times for that zone) and I have to omit it to set full.

I assumed I was unlucky and the PIR has failed, but replacing it gives exactly the same problem. Tamper works for that pir, and a walk test shows it detecting okay. ( I replaced the door contact which solved the original problem)

Any ideas what might have gone wrong?

Cheers

alarm=Texecom Veritas R8
old pir=colt quad, new =texecom reflex quad

Sponsored Links
What happens if you try to set the alarm and walk in front of the problem detector? Does it clear?

Just tried that, it seems to have no effect, and the alarm just continues to beep never actually "setting".

I'm guessing that either that zone was never setup right, as the first time its ever activated the system has done something to it? Would pulling the power+battery possibly reset it? Or maybe I've changed the door sensor wrongly, its just two wire without tamper connected, and tamper works elsewhere so afaik that couldn't affect it.

Sounds like it's a latching detector - you can change the jumper.

What make/model, or a pic?

Sponsored Links
I don't think the Reflex is a latching PIR.

My next step would be to link the zone out in the panel and try again. If it's OK, it must be a problem external to the panel, ie the wiring/detector.

I don't think the Reflex is a latching PIR.

My next step would be to link the zone out in the panel and try again. If it's OK, it must be a problem external to the panel, ie the wiring/detector.

That sounds like a good idea, I'll give that a go thanks.

Okay I linked it out and still had the same problem, so decided to disconnect the battery for to clear any volatile memory, and that fixed it! Left in full set all today without any problems.

Thanks all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back