R8 - multiple zones showing fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm replacing it soon, but with a Texecom R8, what would cause PIRs 3-8 on the system to all show an alarm/failed state? I don't see any lights on any of the PIRs except for the one on zone 2 (no idea if any have them disabled).

The walk test just beeps 8 times, zone lights 3-8 are all lit and preventing the full system set.

I don't have the engineer code so I'm loathe to fiddle with it, yet!

Likely to be a faulty panel or a wiring fault?

Sponsored Links
No power to detectors , possible fuse blown ( zone 2 may be fed from keypad ) or damaged cable

don't no what zones 1 and 2 are?

must likely blown aux fuse for 3 to 8 as already suggested. The question is what you been up to to cause it to blow?

replacing the fuse when theres still a short will blow the next fuse.(if its the old glass fuse panel) that is, otherwise it will still in this mode until short fixed).

Sponsored Links
I suspect zones 1 and 2 (main door contact and hall PIR) are fed from the keypad, which is working fine, 3-8 are on the main unit; this is a previously maintained system and I don't have the engineer code, so I'm not going to mess with it too much until I'm ready to swap the box.

I think it must have failed before we moved in, we spent hours on moving day with the panel just beeping intermittently, before we realised nobody had unset the alarm

I will test everything before connecting the new unit though, don't want to hook it up then blow the same fuse on the new box!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back