Areas or zones?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just trying to sort out which alarm panel to buy, and its down to the Texecom premier 24 or 48, the main difference being the 48 supports several areas, the 24 only one.

I want to be able to alarm the house, the garage and the workshop, each area will have its own RKP, and i'd like to have the garage and workshop alarmed all the time no one is in there, do i need to set them up as seperate areas to achieve this?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The 24 will allow you to have 'part sets' which set only certain areas, with you setting and unsetting from any keypad.

The 48 will allow you to do the same, but also create 'areas' instead. Areas can be assigned their own keypad and zones. You then kind of effectively have three seperate systems.

For the difference in price, I would go for the 48. What price have you seen?

Just trying to sort out which alarm panel to buy, and its down to the Texecom premier 24 or 48, the main difference being the 48 supports several areas, the 24 only one.

I want to be able to alarm the house, the garage and the workshop, each area will have its own RKP, and i'd like to have the garage and workshop alarmed all the time no one is in there, do i need to set them up as seperate areas to achieve this?

Thanks

I operate my system in areas three in all

House Garage and Shed

Each has its own code so I can set or unset each one individually I use

one lcd

keypad in the house to control all three although i could if i wished have

separate keypads.

I use a Gardtec 595 panel which i prefer to the ones you are talking about

It will give you what you ask for plus it has a built in dialer so in the event

of an alarm in will ring you and tell you which zone has gone off

In just making a general point if your garage and workshop are not

100% insect proof i would not use movement detectors either duel tech or

pir because you will get false alarms in summer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back