Programming Texecom Premier Elite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I would appreciate your suggestions or help on this.

I have a Texecom Premier Elite, which I would like to program for 3 scenarios...

I'm thinking of keeping the house sensors in Area A, and the seperate garage in Area B (it has its own keypad).

The keypad in the garage will be allocated to area B only.

Scenario 1

Have a seperate keyfob for the garage, that can only set and unlock the garage.
The garage sensor would need to be allocated to both Area A and B and should be set to guard access. When someone wants to access the garage, the countdown timer starts and they have to either enter the garage code or present the keyfob.

Scenario 2

When away from the house I would like to set the whole alarm. Sensor 1 is door entry, sensor 2 is guard access. The garage sensor should go to guard and essentially be instant alarm. The code for the whole house should be able to set the alarm as above. When the code is used to deactivate the alarm, the garage should go back to being armed with guard access.

Scenario 3

At bedtime, the alarm will be set as a part alarm. The upstairs sensors will be omitted. Sensor 1 should go to instant alarm, sensor 2 should remain as guard access, and the garage should also be instant alarm. The deactivation should be the same as scenario 2.

Is using areas the sensible way to achieve what I want to and how would I achieve the above?

I have a usb cable and access to wintex.

I'd be grateful for your suggestions.

Sponsored Links
hi,

okay normally you wouldn't set a sensor to both areas on this system.

Not sure what you want to achieve so lets do this in steps.

The easiest way is to look at Area A for everything for now, and we can look at how your garage/ house combo will work later.

1. everything in Area A
2. omit upstairs sensor on part arm 1
3. front door sensor 1, turn on the guard attribute for this zone.

I need to know the location of the sensors and how you plan in using the alarm.

you refer to sensors 1 and 2, and garage and upstairs.

To start an entry timer, the zone is programmed as entry exit when full armed, and guard access when part armed.

usually entry exit(e/e) is the front door, you walk down the hall way to sensor 2(guard access) when the e/e sensor has been triggered the guard access will not trigger the alarm unless the entry timer has expired.

on a part set when you go to bed the landing sensor is usually omitted so you can go to the bathroom without having to do anything with the alarm, in the morning you walk into the hallway and start the entry timer from sensor 2 (guard access). You make your way to the keypad to disarm the alarm system.

also need to know what each sensor is as well as its location, to help you better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back