night time arming - hallway triggering immediately

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, another question about my system.

Let's say I have 3 zones. Upstairs, downstairs and garage. The keypad is downstairs in the hallway. Of course, walking to the keypad triggers the downstairs hallway PIR.

Anyway, I have set it up as follows:
Area A = downstairs
Hallway PIR = Guard Access
All other PIRs are Guard.
Area B = upstairs
Area C = Garage

I have created an arming Suite which includes Area A & C for night time arming.

So on my way to bed I put my code in, select part-arm, then select my suite. The two areas then arm as expected.

However, when I come downstairs in the morning and go to disarm everything, the keypad is telling me that an the hallway has triggered the alarm which I then have to reset.

My understanding is that Guard Access should start the entry procedure and give me time to disarm the alarm - not trigger an alarm immediately.

Can anyone give me any pointers as to what I might be doing wrong? This post asks the same question but I cannot work out how the answer relates to the question.

//www.diynot.com/forums/alarms...amming-question-texecom-premier-elite.371840/

Thanks
Kevin

Sponsored Links
Area arm suites full arm the areas they are not part arms.

This is a little confusing because you press the part button get the arm suites up and then part again to get to the part arms.

your hallway detector will be acting as a guard alarm as the system is full set.

If you check your alarms event log you will find the system armed and not part armed for those areas

If you wish to discuss how you want your system to work pm me and we can go through it.

depends on how you want it to work.

You could full set an area and part set another area but it gets messy.

If part setting and you want external bells to go off turn on part arm coms in area programming, area options.

Omit the zone thats currently in area B, guessing but you have armed A and C so suspect B is the zone thats part set.

You could turn auto part arm which will part arm 1 the system if the entry exit door doesn't go open and closed.

Need to know exactly how you want the system to work so can advise properly.

Sponsored Links
My system is much like yours, but I have a second control panel upstairs so I can part set it when going to bed and unset it in the morning before going down. It avoids all the beeping. Also it means I have a handy panic alarm in the bedroom.

is the upstairs one a control panel or a keypad?

1 panel 168 zones or 640 zones 1 panel

It would be abloody big house if you needed 2 that size

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back