Premier Elite part-arm morning troubles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Texecom Premier Elite alarm which has the part-arm function set to arm the ground floor at night. The one keypad in the house is on the ground floor.
At the moment, the ground floor PIR sensor which we have to walk past to access the keypad in order to disarm the part-armed alarm in the morning, triggers the alarm, making me unpopular!
My question is what, if anything, can I do to keep the ground floor fully armed at night under the part-arm setting, but which allows the alarm not to be triggered when we come downstairs in the mornings?
SmartCom isn't an option, so we can't use the app to disarm.

Sponsored Links
Program the system correctly...do you have the engineer code for the system ? How do you part arm the system ?

Program the system correctly...do you have the engineer code for the system ? How do you part arm the system ?
I do have the engineer code. Part-arm is set by entering the user code, pressing the part-arm key on the keypad, pressing 1 on the keypad and then pressing enter in that order. It's a lot simpler than it sounds in writing! The PIR is currently set to guard access as we have to walk past it when we leave the house after arming the alarm if that helps.

Last edited:
What version panel do you have ( menu 4)
If you put the guard access zone to not used then back to guard access (that's all you change) the default values for that zone type will be loaded and the entry should start after the system has been part set.

if it doesn't will need to see what's recorded in the log from user code entered to the system being part armed and then later disarmed..

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Ok first I would set the keypad options for quick , this way you can just press part and yes to part arm , second what other options do you have set on the ground floor detector ? as per default this should start you entry exit in part set

What version panel do you have ( menu 4)
If you put the guard access zone to not used then back to guard access (that's all you change) the default values for that zone type will be loaded and the entry should start after the system has been part set.

if it doesn't will need to see what's recorded in the log from user code entered to the system being part armed and then later disarmed..
Cheers. Version is SW V5.00.03LS1
The Guard Access PIR sensor doesn't activate when we set the entire alarm or part arm it from the keypad and then walk past it, or when we re-enter the house and de-activate the alarm from the keypad. It just triggers the alarm when we come downstairs in the morning and walk past it which is strange, unless I'm missing something!

Ok first I would set the keypad options for quick , this way you can just press part and yes to part arm , second what other options do you have set on the ground floor detector ? as per default this should start you entry exit in part set
Great, I'll do that for keypad. Panel was commissioned via Wintex, so I'll have to look at the PIR sensor settings at the weekend. I know it's set to guard access and not entry/exit. Perhaps it needs the two checked?

Do you have a smart com?

Guard access not working as it should could be an issue with the firmware that successive part arms (4) effectively knocked out the sensor for functioning.

if you have a smart com i cn upgrade the firmware for you remotely and take a look at the programming for you also.
PM me if that will help as I will need an app code and the engineers code to perform that for you.

Do you have a smart com?

Guard access not working as it should could be an issue with the firmware that successive part arms (4) effectively knocked out the sensor for functioning.

if you have a smart com i cn upgrade the firmware for you remotely and take a look at the programming for you also.
PM me if that will help as I will need an app code and the engineers code to perform that for you.

Cheers secureiam, your kind offer is appreciated. I think I might have figured it out. When I checked via the keypad, the entry/exit 2 attribute 'E' on the PIR wasn't set, just 'A,' which I presume meant that the entry delay timer wasn't activated.

Guard access zone type has correct default values.

The guard.access zone on some versions stopped working after four consecutive part sets...

Guard access zone type has correct default values.

The guard.access zone on some versions stopped working after four consecutive part sets...
I'm not sure I follow secureiam. Is the guard access zone set correctly with the 'A' and 'E' attributes activated, or was the default just 'A' activated?

If you put zone to not used then back to guard access it will have the default values.

So someone must have been fiddlling if it wasn't set.

The guardaccess and 4 consecutive part sets and the zone not working is a different issue

If you put zone to not used then back to guard access it will have the default values.

So someone must have been fiddlling if it wasn't set.

The guardaccess and 4 consecutive part sets and the zone not working is a different issue
Got it, cheers secureiam.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back