New Texecom Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Congratulations on the forum very friendly & useful.

I'm planning on fitting an new alarm based around the Texecom Premier 24 Panel (+ 8XE expander), six Prestige Dualtech PIR Detectors, a couple of OH4W Exodus Optical Smoke Detectors and a panic button & extension speaker in the bedroom.

I was planning on 2 RKPs - one at the front door with a key pad (no Prox) and one on the landing upstairs with a Prox detector. My thinking being that we'll need to disarm the landing PIR if going to the toilet at night.

I'm assuming that I'll need to configure the upstairs landing PIR as an entry zone so that it can be disarmed using the upstairs RKP, so I was thinking of fitting an Impaq Plus Vibration Detector to a landing window in case first access is via the landing window.

Can anyone see any holes in my thinking, have I misunderstood anything (I'm thinking particularly about setting up the upstairs part zone)?

I'm also thinking of putting a couple of PIRs outside the house but I'm not sure whether it's best to link these to alarm Chime facility or whether to keep them separate. Any advice? Would the Chime keep going & wake us up or would it go quiet?

Thanks in advance
Adam

Sponsored Links
you have it all wrong

at night you set it so that the landing pir is off

you do not put alarm pirs outside end of

at night you set it so that the landing pir is off

you do not put alarm pirs outside end of

Ok PIR off would be simple - they'd have tripped a couple of PIRs already if they enter downstairs.

I don't want the external PIRs to trip the main alarm but I do want them to wake us up if we're in the house - maybe also link them to the external lighting. I think GJD do controllers & sounders etc if I was going to keep it all separate.

as you said GJD do make purpose built external pirs that connect to a controller that beeps and turns on lights

Sponsored Links
If you were to put the external PIRs onto a different area, and have this as a chime zone (but never set it with it being a different area). I could see this getting quite irritating as the milkman, postman, local fox etc visit your home.

It seems a bit pointless having a prox reader upstairs. Personally I'd fit this downswtairs, but I know that some users on here do not like these.

You will probably find it quite involving to program the panel for two areas and configure all the bits you want with having an expander too, unless you have the engineers software and plugon lead to connect the panel to your laptop.

you cant use gjd pirs on a normal system, so he will have to use a gjd controller

Just wondering why you are opting for smoke detectors which interact with the alarm?

I was thinking of only setting the external PIRs at night - they'd only be round the back & side so should take care of the postman etc - unless posty's burgling us :( . I assume I could buy "pet" types which would take care of the fox?

What I'm trying to achieve is advance warning that someone is round the back / side of the house 1am - 4am when we are in the house. Wouldn't set it when we were out of the house.

The idea of having the proxy upstairs was to allow easy disarming if somebody wanted to go downstairs at night - maybe I should just leave it as a code. Not keen on a proxy for normal use in case we/kids lost the keys or had them stolen.

By the engineer's software do you mean the Wintex software?

Just wondering why you are opting for smoke detectors which interact with the alarm?

They do good smoke detectors that can be linked to the panel (& I think can generate a different alarm sound?) so thought why not? They'd be better than the little battery ones we have at the moment.

you cant use gjd pirs on a normal system, so he will have to use a gjd controller

There must be other external PIRs that I can use with the alarm?

The GJD stuff would seem to let me set it all up separately with lighting & cameras if I wanted to go that far.

They do good smoke detectors that can be linked to the panel (& I think can generate a different alarm sound?) so thought why not? They'd be better than the little battery ones we have at the moment.

Are they self contained units in themselves or do they rely on the supply from the alarm panel and the alarm panel to sound in the event of a fire?

Are they self contained units in themselves or do they rely on the supply from the alarm panel and the alarm panel to sound in the event of a fire?

I think they depend on the alarm panel & bell box.

Bad idea?

Manual seems to say that I will be able to set a zone type for the detectors. From the manual -
9 - Fire
Normally used for monitoring smoke detectors. This zone
type will cause a Fire alarm with distinctive fire tone if it is
activated when the system is armed or disarmed. In
addition, the bell output will pulse.

I was told to avoid this type of detector in general a while back. I don't know if this is still the score but for what it is worth, I'd be inclined to go for an interlinked mains type with backup. Maybe it is worth waiting for a second opinion though as this is not my field of expertise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back