3.0ah 12v Back Up Battery For Burglar Alarm Control Panels

Texecom Veritas Excel (EXCEL)

Burglar alarm Surface Contact, Brown
Prestige Anti Masking Dual Technology Detector 1 for kitchen
Prestige Quad Element Digital PIRs 3 living dining and hallway
Texecom Rf 360 Ceiling Mount PIR 1 upstairs landing

5mm Round Cable Clips, white

Few questions...

1 - Can i fit a smoke/heat sensor to this system?
2 - What do you think of the ceiling mount pir? I thought it would be better in the center of the landing
3 - I would like your thoughts on the choice of PIRs

Thanks for your help guys! Guess what i will be doing over xmas!

Sponsored Links
Will the excel accept T-EOL detectors?

I don't have my manuals to hand at the moment so I can't check for you.

Personally I'd go with a 7.0Ah battery rather than the 3.0Ah. There is room in the panel for a 7.0Ah.

Ceiling mount detectors are a waste of time unless you have especially high ceilings. You will get much better coverage with a wall / corner mounted conventional detector.

Why 8 core cable? It's quite expensive, and 6 core will suffice.

Personally if you can afford it I'd install dual tech detectors everywhere.

Not sure about smoke detectors. I'll have a scour of the manuals tomorrow if I get chance.

have the 8 core , you have spares.

why antimasking detector they are a PITA

have the bigger 7ah batt

why fit smoke heat detectors, its not a fire alarm

Thanks for the replies guys...

RF

T-EOL, i assume you are talking about my selection of PIRs? I only chose the prestige PIRs because it fit my budget and didnt want to get the cheapest ones! Can you recommend a suitable PIR? Or do you think i should upgrade and get a premier box instead?

I went for 8 core as ive seen it recommended here from searching this forum. My only concern is the size of the clips, will 5mm clip fit a 8 core? Is it much thicker than a 6 core?

Thanks for the advice on the backup batt and ceiling mount ill get a corner instead.

Breezer

Not sure why anti masking is on there, selected normal dual tech and this came up in the shopping basket thanks for spotting that!

With this setup i only have 5 sensors so thought i could use up some of the free zones to add smoke detectors. Surely have smoke detectors can only be a good thing?? you had bad experience with them?

Can you maybe recommend suitable PIRs?

Sponsored Links
smoke / heat detectos on an intruder alarm are only a "gimmick"

a fire alarm has to have sounders near the sleeping area and be loud enough to wake you up (no, really wake you up, not yes thats loud, that will wake me up)
so you can not rely on them to wake you should there be a real fire, the other thing is if there is a false alarm on a smoke / heat detector while you are out, chances are the ext sounder will not stop, because often they are pulsed to indicate fire, as the sounder has its own 20min cut oput timer it wont work because the sounder is only continious for several seconds, never 20 mins.

I will never recomend a smoke or heat detector on an intruder alarm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back