Wiring 2 bell boxes to alarm system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Found your forum during a Google search on how to do the above.

I have seen this topic.....CLICK ME

I'm not an alarm engineer but work on vehicles and 12v wiring is nothing new to me.

The bell boxes are "Texecom Premier Elite Odyssey 3 115db triangular External Sounder"

There is 6 core wire run to both sides of the house ready for them. I was going to use green and white for tamper.

Does the tamper system work by being closed loop normally and 0v/Earth until open?

If so, can i use the 0v connection in the bell box to link to a white in 1 box and connect to tamper in at siren then join the white at the control box with a connector with the other boxes white being connected to tamper return(at siren) then the green in the 1st box connected to tamper return at siren and tamper at control panel then the other green connected to tamp return at control panel?

Finally, would i need to put 1 or both of these units into SCB mode or can the Texecom Veritas Excel Burglar Alarm Panel power 2 of these sirens?

Sorry for the long winded post and thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
join out in panel as this will be better if you have any problems, all you need to do is connect the tamper return to the 0v feed for the second bell box and use the second tamper return in the panel, it would be better to set one of the bell boxes to scb.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm rubbish without pictures :oops:

Are you saying to join both bell boxes as normal but do different connections in control panel?

So i would have 2 tamp returns coming to panel and 2 dead wires waiting to see earth/0v?

How can i connect these so the control panel would see open circuit on either siren?

Sorry for being thick :oops:

Sponsored Links
Thanks again.

Hopefully the final question :D

How does the front sounder from that pic see an open circuit or loss of earth?

It looks as though if the cover was tampered, the 0v would still be there supplied from the rear sounder?

You are not following the connections, the tamper return from the first box becomes the - (neg) 12v hold off at the second.

Eureka :LOL:

So no matter which cover is taken off, it will always see siren 2 as being tampered with.

The pic was quite small and yes i missed that there is no 0v from control panel to siren 2.

Thanks.

Hi again :D

I've started fitting this system now and have noticed both bells have a low current setting as well as an SCB/SAB.

If i just put 1 in LC, will this be sufficient for the panel or is it best to do both?

Thanks again.

Rich.

It depends what else you have on the system.

Bell output is 1 amp
Total panel output is 1.6 amp
You don't really want to be close to either of these figures when the system is in alarm.

Each Odysey 3 draws 505 mA with sounder and strobe operating or 290mA in Low Current mode.

I would either put BOTH into Low Current mode or have one in normal SAB mode and the other in SCB mode.

This assumes that you are not running any other internal or external sounders from the bell outputs.

Thank you for that.

I am running a Kinetic sound bomb KSB2A that has it's live from the LS connection but it's earth from the bell trigger 0v as i don't like it going off when the alarm is being armed etc.

It hasn't been run yet but I just assumed that the 12v all came from the same place.

By what you are saying, it sounds like the panel has multiple psus which means the sound bomb may not work this way and i may need to wire it in and suffer the noise on arm/disarm.

What does LC do different to SCB then?

Thanks again.

The panel has only one PSU but each output has it's own maximum current rating.

LC mode reduces the current draw on the panel by reducing the sound output a bit. SCB takes most of it's current from the sounder internal battery and reduces the sound output more. The sounders in SAB mode are 115dB which is LOUD, so you decide if it is better to have one very loud and one somewhat quieter (SAB + SCB) or have both a bit quieter (LC + LC). You may want to experiment (when the neighbours are not asleep).

The KSB2A takes 125mA so should be ok with two sounders in either of the above mode combinations. Its 112dB so you won't want it going off near you unless you have ear defenders on!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back