Zone design/programming question - Texecom Premier Elite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I am in the midst of planning my alarm design/programming and will be using a Texecom Premier Elite 24 panel. The parts are on order and should be here soon!

I have confused myself a bit by reading the manual and looking at Wintex. I wonder if any of you can offer any advice?

1. The system will comprise 4 PIRs and a door contact. I would like to be able to part arm the system during night time. Should I include the hall PIR (which leads to the stairs and the RKP) in the part-arm? This zone would normally be configured as Guard Access so in theory would initiate an immediate alarm when we came down the stairs. Would configuring it as Guard Access and Entry/Exit 2 fix this? Also would this be more of a pain (noise waking the kids, etc) than it's worth? What do the professionals amongst you usually do in this scenario?

2. The front door will have a door contact on it and be programmed as Entry/Exit1. My understanding is that under full arm conditions this will allow me to set the alarm at the RKP, then open and close the front door (leave the house), upon which the system will arm. Is it the act of closing the door which signals the arm to the panel, or is it on an exit countdown timer from when I start the process at the RKP regardless of how many times the door is opened and closed?

3. Is it possible to reconfigure the zone types depending on whether the system is in part-set or full-set? My thinking here is that if we include the living room in the nighttime part-set, and forget to disable the alarm at the RKP, it would be preferable for the living room detector to initiate the entry delay rather than initiating an immediate alarm (which is how it would be configured in full-set). Or would we have to forgo having them set in Guard mode while in a full-set, and have them all configured as Entry/Exit2?

I may be over-complicating all of this, but the more I read the more questions I seem to have at the moment! I hope my questions make sense and someone can help my addled brain!

If it helps, planned zones are:

1: Door contact
2: Hall (access to stairs and RKP)
3: Living Room
4: Dining Room
5: Landing

Thanks in advance! :D

Sponsored Links
Too right !!!!! Setting you can you timed or entry exit( final door set )
Zones set for guard access start the entry timer in part set, and you have 3 part sets which you can have whatever zones you want on in each part set.

Right. That makes sense!! Why doesn't it say that in the manual?!

So on that note then can you have it set to timed for a part-set and final door set for a full-set? Otherwise that'd necessitate opening and closing the front door for a part-set ... which seems kinda illogical!

Sponsored Links
problem is in the last 20 years we have gone from 20 programming options to thousands hope your ready for your install ! lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back