Texecom Premier Elite or Pyronix Enforcer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having scoured these forums and various others, I've narrowed down the alarm system I'll be installing to either a Texecom Premier Elite or a Pyronix Enforcer system. We only have the ability to wire in the control box, and whilst I recognise that wired is best, the sensors and keypad must all be wireless. Opinions seem to be divided between these 2 systems and I've struggled to find any contemporary advice. I hope therefore that you all might be good enough to help. I'm keen to know from a reliability perspective and effectiveness which you'd recommend and any other suggestions to help me, as a self-installer, make my mind up! We'd also like text and telephone notifications and I have struggled to know with the Texecom system what we need to achieve the latter. At this point I'm minded to go for the Texecom set-up, particularly as the keypad is separate from the control box. Thanks All!

Sponsored Links
I was faced with the same choice a month ago. I did a lot of scouring forums like you and both panels are good. I eventually chose the pyronix and its been great. The pyronix also has a separate keypad. My main panel is hidden away and the keypad is at the front door.

I was faced with the same choice a month ago. I did a lot of scouring forums like you and both panels are good. I eventually chose the pyronix and its been great. The pyronix also has a separate keypad. My main panel is hidden away and the keypad is at the front door.
Thanks for the feedback, that’s good to know. The monthly fee has put me off Pyronix a little though. What made you choose it over the Texecom kit?

Thanks for the feedback, that’s good to know. The monthly fee has put me off Pyronix a little though. What made you choose it over the Texecom kit?
To be honest there wasnt much in it. The app is £36 per year from pyronix but can be had for cheaper. The first year is free. I just got a feeling people preferred the pyronix.
From my own experience the pyronix was very easy to program and set up and does everything I want from a panel. I work for a well known gas company so am in a lot of peoples houses and there appeared to be far more with the pyronix kit installed. In fact I never yet saw a texecom and every person I spoke to that had the pyronix had no issues with it.

Sponsored Links
To be honest there wasnt much in it. The app is £36 per year from pyronix but can be had for cheaper. The first year is free. I just got a feeling people preferred the pyronix.
From my own experience the pyronix was very easy to program and set up and does everything I want from a panel. I work for a well known gas company so am in a lot of peoples houses and there appeared to be far more with the pyronix kit installed. In fact I never yet saw a texecom and every person I spoke to that had the pyronix had no issues with it.
Good to know, I’d read that the Pyronix kit is easier to install. Did you wire in the control panel and have the keypad connected wirelessly? You might have convinced me! What’re the options for getting the app cheaper? Thanks

Good to know, I’d read that the Pyronix kit is easier to install. Did you wire in the control panel and have the keypad connected wirelessly? You might have convinced me! What’re the options for getting the app cheaper? Thanks
I wired the panel and the bell box because I didn't want to have to go that high to change the battery ever (I don't like heights). Initially I got the wireless key pad and it worked fine but I prefer the pad that you hard wire so fitted that. The hardwired one allows you to do everything that you could do on the main panel, like add more sensors or change any of the setup. The wireless one doesnt let you do that but if your main panel is accessible is not a problem. I also didn't want the main panel giving its location away if there is an intruder so I disconnected the internal siren. As for getting the app cheaper I had googled it and there are companies offering it for around £20. Didn't look into it too closely as £36 is fine but will check when is up for renewal

I wired the panel and the bell box because I didn't want to have to go that high to change the battery ever (I don't like heights). Initially I got the wireless key pad and it worked fine but I prefer the pad that you hard wire so fitted that. The hardwired one allows you to do everything that you could do on the main panel, like add more sensors or change any of the setup. The wireless one doesnt let you do that but if your main panel is accessible is not a problem. I also didn't want the main panel giving its location away if there is an intruder so I disconnected the internal siren. As for getting the app cheaper I had googled it and there are companies offering it for around £20. Didn't look into it too closely as £36 is fine but will check when is up for renewal
That's really useful Skooby, thanks for your advice. We won't be able to wire the keypad in now and the main panel will be under the stairs, accessible, but tricky to see without contorting myself which leads me to ask how much time you had to spend programming it, as it may be that I need to start yoga sooner!

£36.00 per year = £3.00 per month with first year free.

Do you smoke/drink? Not possible to find £3.00 a month, 69p per week?

That's really useful Skooby, thanks for your advice. We won't be able to wire the keypad in now and the main panel will be under the stairs, accessible, but tricky to see without contorting myself which leads me to ask how much time you had to spend programming it, as it may be that I need to start yoga sooner!
As sparkymarka says, I programmed it all on the bench first then installed it, so you will only need to access it if adding/changing some sensors

As sparkymarka says, I programmed it all on the bench first then installed it, so you will only need to access it if adding/changing some sensors
Is it plugged in or wired in to the mains where you've installed it Skooby please? Thanks again for your support, it's been very useful.

Is it plugged in or wired in to the mains where you've installed it Skooby please? Thanks again for your support, it's been very useful.
I just have mine on a plug. Doesnt really make much difference as its hidden away. Makes it easier to set up on bench first though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back