Home electric car point - Help Understanding Looped Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
in the same way they don't want to listen when told intentional backdoors to encrytion algorithms arn't feasible either
Or when they are told almost weekly for over a year that their Brexit fantasies will not survive contact with reality.

Sponsored Links
I hope you are wrong JohnW2 and that we can move to sustainable generation without destroying the landscape or seascape but unfortunately I think your are correct.

I hope you are wrong JohnW2 and that we can move to sustainable generation without destroying the landscape or seascape but unfortunately I think your are correct.
I fear, I am - and, as I implied, I think that not enough thought is given to the possible effect on climate and ecosystems of considerably increasing the amount of energy we we suck out of wind and waves etc. Solar is probably the 'safest' in that sense, but (unless we can develop realistic methods of large scale electricity storage) it is only available during daylight hours, is not realistic in many parts of the world, and (if on a very large scale) certainly very destructive of landscapes.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't imagine that many people would believe that wind farms, on any credible scale, would significantly reduce the amount of energy in the atmosphere. However, very small localised disturbances of atmospheric energy could conceivably have effects on climate dramatically disproportionate to the magnitude of that disturbance. Think chaos theory. 'interfering with nature' without an incredibly good understanding of it can be dangerous.

Screenshot 2018-07-25 12.22.31.png

Most of my family bought diesels When Tony told us they were the bees knees and gave us incentives to do so.
We should not now be paying the price of doing so because the current government thinks they are so awful.

Yes me too.

PS Didn't that Tony have a nice man called Two Jags John who was responsible for the Part P malarky?

We should not now be paying the price of doing so because the current government thinks they are so awful.
People bought cigarettes because the makers told them they were good, and even had some doctors endorse them.

A lot of them had no choice but to pay the price of that being wrong.

Things change - get over it.

People bought cigarettes because the makers told them they were good, and even had some doctors endorse them.
The cigarette manufacturers are not the government and doctors are not the government. Your point is....?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back