Home gym&study project block or brickwork

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys

im going to be building a small garden shed and wanted to know first of all if it was ok to use breeze blocks as it is going to be only single skin.

Secondly if I have two course of class b solid engineering brick below the ground is that also ok with a dpc around these two layers.

the shed will be about 2 metres long and 3.0 metres wide and will be about 2.35 metres high.

if not then please makes a suggestion regarding insulation wise.

thanks very much

Sponsored Links
Yours is not to reason why, yours is but just to post replies :LOL:

Loool no not weed but Im going2use half of it as a home gym and dnt wana freeze lol but I'm just going to put battons then insulate and plasterboard n skim

Is wat I've said I'm going to do ok?

Sponsored Links
Wat ave u sad?

:D

Yes mate, single skin fine as long as no greater run than 1.8 metres/6 foot (you'll need a pier) and batten, insulation and plasterboard, jobs a gudden.

thanks for the replies

The walls are going to be higher than 1.8 metres, do you suggest I double skin it with an insulated cavity tied in by wall ties and with the outer blocks being dense 7n concrete and the inner being thermalite blocks? or can I thermalite the two skins?

I have changed my mind on the dimensions of the building aswell.

The walls will be 2.30 metres high

3 metres wide and 2 metres long

thank you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back