Honda HRB 425c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anybody know where the mixture screw is located please on the above lawnmower

Sponsored Links
It's on the top of the carb, right next to the spring loaded idle screw. Unfortunately it's only for the pilot slow running mixture and can only be turned 90 deg in its unmodified form. Access is truly hopeless with the top engine cover in place.
Carb strip downs are easy but as the bolts hold the air filter on as well as other spacers, replacing the thing is well tricky!
John :)

Thanks John I presume that's the problem as it is really rough when its running slow the goverenor bouncing back like crazy I am a skilled motor mechanic but its beating so far to be honest but wont be beat......back to drawing board today as its a bit cooler p/s its not been used till I got it for over 12 mths

Sponsored Links
Just a wee tip - if you snap the lead cap off the screw there's no head left to turn but if you only cut the lug off the cap you can unscrew the complete needle. The actual jet is below the Phillips screw you can see and it gets its air supply from a small hole alongside the main carb choke.
It's really best to remove the complete carb if you want to get stuck in. ....inside the float bowl there's a main jet and an emulsion tube just above it.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back