honeywell 4073 diverter valve. Ist this right.

giblets said:
To be honest Softus, the replies you have received from Honeywell & Fernox are exactly what I would have expected. Neither company is going to rubbish each other's products and would certainly not admit any problem to a casual enquirer (no disrespect to your goodself).

I feel, from other forum member's posts, that there is a problem but the chances of getting to the bottom of it are virtually nil.

Soggy_weetabix - just because you have never had a problem does not mean it does not exist eleswhere - I therefore stand by my original comment (which is bourne out to an extent by ChrisR's last post)
I agree with your comment Giblets.
They would not admit it even if they knew there was a problem. Lets think back to the Potterton Suprima saga. :!:
I was certainly aware that older valves seemed to suffer more and Chris mentioned.

Stan

Sponsored Links
If oil-based chemicals of any kind are used in the treatment of the system--the ball can swell. Stick to additives you know and trust. These swells are contained to systems not to all Honeywell valves. I've seen these last for 20 years+ untouched.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back