Honeywell Accenta setting issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, I've had browse but couldn't find an answer to my question. I hope I have posted in the correct area.

The alarm system in my house, which was already installed when I moved in, gave up. I have replaced it with a Honeywell Accenta G4 (8SP399A) with LCD panel and it works fine.

The old system would not set until zone 2-8 was closed. This new system doesn't do that, when I set the alarm if one of the other zones is not closed the system will not warn you until the final exit door is shut, by this time it is too late.

Basically, does anybody know how to set up the system so the alarm will not set unless zones 2-8 are shut?

I've contacted Honeywell, but had no reply! Does say on their website that they will only deal with alarm installation companies.

I have been through the installation manual and cannot find any setting that do this. Any help would be great fully received, or is this not a function of this system? I appreciate that here are man different systems on the market so any advice on setup or settings would be gratefully received.

Regards

Neil

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Basically, does anybody know how to set up the system so the alarm will not set unless zones 2-8 are shut?

It shouldn't set if any zones are open. Simple.

I'd check the programming on the enabled zones. I assume this is programme 1?

In some of the menu's, you have to press "Set" or "tick" on the newer keypads to accept the changes, other menu's you don't have to.

Hi,

It shouldn't set if any zones are open. Simple.

I'd check the programming on the enabled zones. I assume this is programme 1?

In some of the menu's, you have to press "Set" or "tick" on the newer keypads to accept the changes, other menu's you don't have to.

Thanks, exactly what. Thought. There must be some settings somewhere but I can't find it. I'll have another play tomorrow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back