Honeywell actuator valve question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to get hold of a repalcement actuator valve for my heat pump -water has leaked from the valve and got into the actuator and shorted the connection in the mains plug at the base of the actuator and melted part of the plug. Now the original is a Honeywell VC4012-34, but I can only find similar but not identical ones listed on ebay- for example I've found a VC4012 without the -34 on the end and a VC4013. They all look the same, so can anyone tell me the significance of the numbers? Parts listed as Baxi or Potterton actuators seem to be the same thing, but none come with a mains lead and I can't find one listed separately (its a six pin molex with only 3 wires used). I've also found one with a mains lead built in (ie not detachable connector, called a VC4013-02 . Any idea if that would fit?

Sponsored Links
I need to get hold of a repalcement actuator valve for my heat pump -water has leaked from the valve and got into the actuator and shorted the connection in the mains plug at the base of the actuator and melted part of the plug. Now the original is a Honeywell VC4012-34, but I can only find similar but not identical ones listed on ebay- for example I've found a VC4012 without the -34 on the end and a VC4013. They all look the same, so can anyone tell me the significance of the numbers? Parts listed as Baxi or Potterton actuators seem to be the same thing, but none come with a mains lead and I can't find one listed separately (its a six pin molex with only 3 wires used). I've also found one with a mains lead built in (ie not detachable connector, called a VC4013-02 . Any idea if that would fit?

Honeywell VC4012-34 has been replaced with Potterton 5107000. ;) ;)

Thanks -I can order this part from my local PTS branch, but it doesn't come with a lead and they they can't source the lead anywhere. Any idea where a Honeywell 4000735-005 lead might be sourced from or what it might be called as a BAXI or Honeywell part?

Sponsored Links
I previously had 4012 in my heat pump, could only find (last July) a 4012-34 and it worked - I am now desperate for another and cannot find 4012-34 anywhere - do you have the link where you saw one for sale? JMW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back