Has my Y-plan valve actuator failed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a BGMVSP-23 actuator on a Y-plan system. I recently replaced the old mechanical room thermostat with a new digital one that combines the time programmer and thermostat in one unit. When I couldn't seem to get the new unit to get the boiler and actuator to do the right thing I started measuring with a multimeter and and found that when CH is high (230V), the output from the orange wire on the actuator only goes up to 85V.
Also, whatever the status of CH or HW (white and grey wire), the actuator only switches between either the mid-position (HW and CH) or CH only.
Well, actually, I HAVE managed to get the actuator to go to the HW only position, but I can't recreate the situation. So the valve itself seems to be fine. Is the above indicative of an actuator where the electrics have failed?

Unfortunately I can't really test the system with the old timer and thermostat setup as I had a new boiler fitted at the same time and some other wiring changes done.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back