Honeywell AG6 not triggered by Securitech 800L panel

Yes - sorry: missed that but have just done it: a full alarm test gives internal sounder, external sounder but no strobe.

Sponsored Links
So, just measured voltages across sounder & strobe triggers when in Eng mode & Full alarm test:

• sounder (SW) is .05
• strobe is (ST) + 12v

So indeed it seems the strobe is not dropping it’s voltage when the alarm is triggered.

Also: when the alarm is activated & triggered (as in normal use) I get no sound or strobe from the bell box, just the internal sounder.

Bell test (bell drops) or rather changes state
Strobe test (storb drops) or rather changes state

How are you conducting the tests..... Full sequence.

User code, menu selected, test selected........ etc etc

Sponsored Links
Now, I just looked at some Eng settings and went through them and wasn’t sure that an option to disable strobe in night and home set. So I selected for no on that just to be sure & buttoned everything back up & did a full test.
Result:
The alarm worked on sound & strobe. Plus, in Eng mode it worked on sound & strobe with a full alarm test plus user bell test did what was expected.
So, I must assume I had inadvertently pressed that whilst changing the ‘chime’ setting on the door.
I can’t believe this - I suppose (and if we assume the settings were causing this issue) then it’s a case of ‘check your panel settings before all else’ However, in my defence, this wasn’t selected before and I hadn’t bothered with the door chime before so had I not gone into those settings this wouldn’t have happened!
I’m sorry for taking up your time and wish to thank you for your very kind help.
Incidentally this is all because a near neighbour was burgled recently and I realised that despite being in a very tight cul-de-sac wasn’t the automatic ‘lower risk of burglary that I assumed it to be (all houses look upon each other so pretty difficult not to be spotted if up to no good + retirees on the block so in a lot).
So: Thankyou thankyou thankyou for advice & pointers rendered: I hope this helps someone else in a similar position. And, I learned something new: how to check a trigger state on my alarm panel!

It happens and if you learned something then good.

Makes much more sense now, when using forums have to be very clear about what you have done and the result.

Always a good idea to:-

Check Wiring
Check programming
Check by testing

Then trouble shooting, that said you may not know what programming option your looking for, some manuals are hard work to read and needs some knowledge to work out what they actually mean.

Yes indeed: the basic ‘led/number’ format of the rather basic (but good) Intellisense / C&K / Honeywell 700/800 L panel & pads does not lend itself to easy identification of the status of each program parameter, whereas even an lcd screen might - if intuitively designed so an average person can work their way through it, (think typical tv interface) give a clearer view of what the system is set up for.
Anyway, it’s working and that’s the main thing. I like to know what’s set up and why hence my own install.
I don’t know how I’d get on with the latest version of what I have...
Ps: If you self install as a non pro: do take notes along the way and refine/edit your notes so they make sense..... sometimes years later!

always a good point to take notes, its also a good idea to verify them a little later on, rather than assume you have recorded down what the panel has been programmed as.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back