Honeywell BDR91 to Nest wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to upgrade my existing Honeywell BDR91 to the third generation Nest but would like a bit of help with the wiring before I jump in. This is how things are currently connected:

https://imgur.com/rrt3jdx

So the live and neutral wires coming from a fused spur are in one side of a connector block along with the live and neutral wires going to the boiler. In the other side of this connector block are the live and neutral going to the relay.

The earth wires are just in connector blocks.

Then the grey and black wires going to the boiler are connected to A and B in the relay.

As I understand it when connecting the Nest:

N = N
L = L
A = 2
B = 3

There is no space in the new Nest box for the connector block with the live and neutral wires connected so I am a little unsure of how to proceed.

Sponsored Links
If you use the search function at the top of the forum page, you'll find that this question has been answered four times already ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back