Honeywell CM907 help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Please can someone help me with a thermostat question. I've spent a fortune on a plumber and i'm still not sorted.
Long story short - I have a gloworm combi boiler and a honeywell CM907 thermo. 3 yrs old, all working fine until recently. I noticed that in the evening, during the programmed setting, the thermo would be set to 21 degrees. The room temperature 19. The boiler would fire up, reach 20 or 21 for example and all the radiators would be warm. About an hour later, i'd suddenly notice the house had gone cold. I check the thermostat it shows a room temp of 20 and the "flame" symbol is still on (because the pre-set temperature is asking for 21) but the boiler is not fired up and all the rad's are now cold. (Same thing in the morning when it's on).

My first thought was that this is the honeywell "cycling" (?) and not firing up because it's 0.5 - 1.5 degrees close to the preset temperature. Fine, but then the house was cold, so i changed the setting up to 23 degrees to increase the demand and make it fire up, but nothing. I wait ten minutes (because i read somewhere about ON/OFF cycles) try again, and it fires up fine.
Ok, so maybe this is how it's meant to operate (really?) but then how do I avoid the problem of having it on for an hour, not reaching the temperature and then clocking off.

What am I doing wrong?

In the meantime, i got a plumber to fit a new thermostat and i'm having all the same issues - which means a) i've wasted money and b) there was never a problem in the first place?

Also, the new thermostat seems to read the actual room temperature as about 3 degrees higher than the old one, so all my settings need to go up by the same - why is this, has the installer done something? (he said he didn't use any temperature offset).
Any help from the experts greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I guess it must be, in order to come on / off at all.

unless there's an intermittent fault and the wiring between the two works sometimes and not others. but because it always happens in the same way, my guess is that the wiring's ok and it does receive.

once it's it non response mode and doing nothing, if i just switch the thermostat off, i hear a sort of electrical power down (hard to describe in words) from the boiler - so it definitely responds / receives something from the thermo each time.

Sponsored Links
isn't it?

so what's my next step? i've already had two visits from the plumber, a full boiler service and a replacement thermostat.

Also, the new thermostat seems to read the actual room temperature as about 3 degrees higher than the old one, so all my settings need to go up by the same - why is this, has the installer done something? (he said he didn't use any temperature offset).
Do you still have the old stat? If so, compare all parameters with the new stats.

Did you try changing the batteries on the old stat?

Apart from showing the wrong temperature, are you still having the original problem?

I don't have the old one. i think it was set with the same factory settings. no idea why it's reading a higher temperature. maybe the old one was set with a slight offset? who knows.

I'm still having the original problem - i'm going to try a few evenings on manual and see what happens

called gloworm and honeywell - both comletely useless.

Do any F codes appear when the problem occurs?

What is the S code when the problem occurs? Press the '-' key for more than 5 secs until 'S' flashes followed by a number.

No F codes appear at all unless I press "-" when I get S 30. I've got the manual so I know it means no demand from external controls.

But then why does it work intermittently?

It's a wired system. Could it be a loose connection?

Every other issue that I google like this seems to be pcb board?

Possibly this?

It's doing my head in. Just managed to get it on again but who knows how long for.

1. Is there another timer, e.g in the boiler?

2. What, in sequence, did you have to do to get the boiler working again?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back