Honeywell t6360 thermostat not turning off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have just recently had a new boiler installed, an Ideal Vogue along with a new honeywell t6360 thermostat. The problem is that the thermostat is not turning off the boiler when it gets up to temperature and the thermostat always seems to come on when set at 17 degrees regardless of the room temperature.
For example last night when I got home the room temperature was 16 degrees as verified by a thermometer and my old digital thermostat which isn't wired up to the boiler but is still displaying the temperature. The Honeywell thermostat was set to 16 degrees and was off. I set the Honeywell thermostat to 17 degrees and it clicked on and the boiler came on. My house usually takes half an hour to warm up one degree so I expected the heating to go off in 30 minutes. However, 2 hours later the central heating was still on. My thermometer now showed a temperature of 19 degrees, as did my old digital thermostat but the boiler was still running. I turned the thermostat back down to 16 degrees and the heating went off, but then when I increased the dial back to 17 degrees the heating clicked back on again. The room can't possibly have still been 17 degrees after 2 hours of heating.

Sponsored Links
If you can clearly hear the thermostat clicking ON/OFF as you turn the dial and this always happens around the 17C mark regardless of the actual room temperature, the thermostat is faulty.

You should probably call out the installer to replace it.

Why was the digital stat not used?

Which terminals on the Honeywell stat have wires connected?

The digital stat was not compatible apparently, it is a Honeywell CM61.
There are two wires connected to the new thermostat in the top two terminals, terminal 1 and 3 I think

Sponsored Links
The digital stat was not compatible apparently, it is a Honeywell CM61.
There are two wires connected to the new thermostat in the top two terminals, terminal 1 and 3 I think
Can't think of any reason why the CM61 should be incompatible.

The Honeywell stat needs a wire to terminal 2 as well.

Do you have the combi or system version of the Vogue?

Has the weather compensation kit been fitted?

It's the combi version. No I don't have the weather compensation kit. Would it be easy enough to wire up the cm61 myself?

It's the combi version. No I don't have the weather compensation kit. Would it be easy enough to wire up the cm61 myself?
Connect A and B to the two terminals at the left end of the 9 terminal block in the boiler. The T6360 will be connected here, so it needs to be disconnected.

The CM61 is getting a bit long in the tooth now, it might be worth upgrading to the CM901 (24 hr) or CM907 (7 day).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back