honeywell T6360

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have recently moved into a new house and home and have a honeywell T6360 installed. Although the operation of the thermostat seems simple enough, it doesnt seem to be working correctly.

If i switch it to 15 degrees it turns off, however if i turn it on regrdless of temp set it doesnt seem to regulate the temperature.

Essentually the boiler seems to be running at full capacity.

I have no experience with thermostats so any any help would be appreciated.

One thing to note, the room where the thermostat is situated is a small cold room with no central heating.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
They are not throttles.

However, thermostats are often not installed correctly, with the anticipator disconnected or two close to secondary heat sources.

Hi Dan, I'm guessing the device is installed in the incorrect location as the pantry is only ~ 12 degrees.

Sponsored Links
Or should be installed were it is measuring the reference temperature of the house. By definition, the pantry is the worst place.

Lazy installer syndrome.

The Honeywell cm927 is put probably the quickest solution.

Hi Dan, I'd guessed as much in all honesty the there is still about 3 meters of cable attached, so im not sure what the previous owners intention were

How difficult is the cm927 to install, bearing in mind this is the current istallation (see pics)

Attachments

• baxi1.jpg
    baxi1.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 240
  • baxi2.jpg
    baxi2.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 230
Ta i guessed as much. I take it the cm927 is a thermostat + timer. Would it best asking a plumber to install or an electrician? I was reviewing some others, such as hive and nest. whats your opinon on those

I don't rate either, but I'm an unapologetic Honeywell fan.

If you want Internet control,

Looking at the Evohome system. Or the single Zone Thermostat which comes as a pack with the Internet gateway.

You need a boiler engineer /technician. Not a sparky.

When we see a mess like your pictures, we wonder what other nasties are lurking underneath.

One last question, which would be the best all rounder between cm927 and single zone. Essentially i want to replace the timeer that i have in place + the thermostat. Im guessing the cm927.

Single Zone Thermostat is a timer when connected to the internet.

Cm927 is the simplest solution.

Ironically, all 3 options I have presented are connected to the boiler in exactly the same way.

If it was my boiler, I would probably use the single Zone Thermostat

That is an absolute abortion of an installation. I would have it checked out.
That's a polite way of putting it, that wiring is f****** s***. The timer isn't even fixed to a wall! What installer in their right mind would consider that installation acceptable, or even safe enough to hand over to the customer?

That is an absolute abortion of an installation. I would have it checked out.
That's a polite way of putting it, that wiring is f****** s***. The timer isn't even fixed to a wall! What installer in their right mind would consider that installation acceptable, or even safe enough to hand over to the customer?

My guess is that the installer didn't leave it like that. Ive now gone into columbo mode and I think I can see some sawdust in the cupboard. So I deduce that the previous owner did a diy kitchen refit and decided that he didn't want the programmer on show.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back