Honeywell CM927 wireless thermostat - dreading its failure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A lot of positive things have been said on this forum about the functionality of this wireless thermostat, and indeed after my own recent research I had decided to purchase one.

But I've put my decision on hold now, because while shopping around I came across many negative reviews on Amazon, virtually all citing the same problem: the screen display degrades or fails within 2 - 4 years. I spoke to Honeywell, and they did acknowledge a problem with the screen. They suggested it was in the past now, but were vague when I tried to pin them down about current purchases of this product.

Does anyone know of an equivalent alternative? I had selected the CM927 for its Optimum Start and uniform ambient temperature features, and the individual 7 day programming, but reliability questions are causing me to shy away from this product.

Sponsored Links
News to me. I've installed loads of CM927's and to my knowledge only one has gone faulty and that wasn't the display.

News to me. I've installed loads of CM927's and to my knowledge only one has gone faulty and that wasn't the display

The negative reviews (around half of the 41 currently on the Amazon site for this product) do worry me - too many to ignore. Or, if I try to be optimistic maybe the Amazon batches alone were the defective ones? Unlikely, especially since Honeywell acknowledged the problem over the phone to me today.

Keeping my options open for now - perhaps I should just retain the old wired thermostat I've had for the last 30 years!

Rang Honeywell again today re this model. They said the ones manufactured within the last 6 months (or so) onwards have a revised screen, so this problem should not occur with new stock. Was told to look at the 4 digit date code: first 2 digits are the year of manufacture, next 2 the week number (yyww).

Hopefully this code will be on display on the outside of the box. If I can't identify it then it looks like my choice is going to be either the Salus RT500RF, or I'll stick with the existing wired room thermostat.

Sponsored Links
Rang Honeywell again today re this model. They said the ones manufactured within the last 6 months (or so) onwards have a revised screen, so this problem should not occur with new stock. Was told to look at the 4 digit date code: first 2 digits are the year of manufacture, next 2 the week number (yyww).

Hopefully this code will be on display on the outside of the box. If I can't identify it then it looks like my choice is going to be either the Salus RT500RF, or I'll stick with the existing wired room thermostat.

I bet Honeywell love you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back