Honeywell EvoHome - what do I need? (boiler relay kit?)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We moved into a bungalow last year. The Bungalow is very, very long - and we feel that we would eventually benefit cost wise from zoning. In the mornings, we would usually only use the main bedrooms, bathroom, Kitchen and lounge. This leaves a lot of the bungalow unused. Hence, we've been attracted the Honeywell Evohome system.

But, I am a little confused as to what exactly we need.

We currently have a a Worcester 42CDI. It is connected to a thermostat with a boiler relay.

We would like the EVO Home to take over all functions. We would like to still set the boiler to come on say 2 hours in the morning, and 2 hours in the evening - whilst setting zones as well. So for example, the spare bedroom and dining room would be off etc

- do I need the boiler relay kit? The starter pack does not include this. But I assume if I want to control when and for how long the boiler comes on via the EvoHome system, I need this? Otherwise the boiler would always be on and the TRVs would provide the control? This is the most confusing aspect for me.

- are suppliers still providing the older thermostat without wi-fi? How do I know which is old and which is new (suppliers don't seem to state this and they look the same)

So it would be:
- Thermostat (new wi-fi model)
- Boiler Relay Kit
- TRVs

Cheers

Sponsored Links
You need the connected kit and the requisite number of valve heads.

The one that comes without the BDR is a spare and also is sans docking station.

Great, thanks.

I think the best value seems to be in the Thermostat and the relay. Buying the valves separate. But will see.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back