Honeywell evohome, - boiler relay and cylinder thermostat explained?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Since posting a different message on here the other evening, I've been reading and reading about the Honeywell Evohome. My parents have it and I like it a lot but I'm a little confused. For price reasons this will have to be a DIY project so I'm just getting my head around the first part of it.
Current system is an old gravity fed system, an old boiler with ancient programmer and Honeywell manual thermostat on the wall.

My understanding is that for a basic system, with 4 zones, living room, kitchen/dining, bedroom 1 and bedroom 2, I'll need the base pack which is the boiler relay and the actual monitor screen as well as 4 of the special TRv room thermostats.

If that is correct, could you please give some advice on wiring the boiler relay. Is the wall thermostat and the programmer both removed totally and the relay takes the place of the programmer? I know there are many net nannies around, but is the wiring likely to be already in place to the existing programmer, so it'll be a case of figuring out the correct way to wire to the new relay?

My second question is regarding the cylinder thermostat - obviously this controls hot water, but will I also need one of these as well? I don't really understand what this hot water kit actually does?? Can you still have a working system without it? (Surely not in my head, as you'll have removed the programmer to fit the boiler relay!

Lots of questions...any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Ask away from the supplier and he will provide you the correct kit as well as binding it together ,which in itself can be nightmare
Also all the support you will need.
From fellow heating engineers who have bought from them before a really superb company to deal with

https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/

Sponsored Links
Evohome shop pre bind and lifetime tech support, I thought was only got trade customers?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back