Honeywell Y Plan System & Evohome/CM Zone

Thanks for the reply, I don't think its an install issue, the wiring for a Y valve is very simple, I have followed the Evo instructions exactly (page 47 Fig 10), the relay only requires a supply and has switched O/P I don't think it could be wired wrongly to cause it to randomly active / de activate, do you ?

Its the same supply that feeds the hot water relay and that's stable.

It cant be faulty kit as I have tried 2 relays and 2 controllers.

When I bind the relay I press the button for 15 seconds to clear it then re press for 5 seconds, I have reset the controller and re binded via the guided config. I have also gone back in and re binded via the hot water setting etc.

I am not sure what effect the off set temp would make as the heat relay switches on and off even when the heating is switched off on the controller.

I have noticed the system is better behaved late at night? ie from midnight ish. It might only cut in once or twice in the early hours.

Sponsored Links
I have optimization switched off to keep it simple and have built the system manually, several times! this still does not explain the relay randomly switching on and off, I am pretty close to having it all taken out to be honest.

Sponsored Links
Hi Dan,

No rads get hot, the valves are all close, the only rad that gets hot is a downstairs toilet towel rail, that has no thermostat its not zoned, None of the rooms are calling for heat. The relay just switches on for a minute or so and then back off

I have optimization switched off to keep it simple and have built the system manually, several times! this still does not explain the relay randomly switching on and off, I am pretty close to having it all taken out to be honest.

Hard to beat simplicity. In a few years it will likely shyte itself even you do get it working. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back