Securing Evohome DHW thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Hoping you can offer some advice.

My heating system consists of a Worcester Greenstar 24ri and a Worcester Greenstore unvented DHW cylinder in a S Plan system.

I have recently installed an Evohome system, so am controlling both zone valves via wireless relays (BDR91s) and using a wireless thermostat to report the hot water temperature to the evohome controller.

Please note, I have retained the original duel stat. This has been wired in series with the evohome stat to ensure the duel stat relay must be closed for power to be supplied to the zone valve. Temperature settings are 65 degC on the duel stat and 60 degC on the evohome. This has been tested and functioning, reducing the temperature set point on both stats cuts power to the zone valve.

The system is functioning perfectly and as expected, but I would like to get some advice on the best method to secure the evohome stat in the sensor pocket of my Greenstore cylinder (this model has both an upper and lower sensor pocket).

Many thanks in advance,

Craig

Sponsored Links
Bump :giggle:

Where is the new sensor currently fitted :?:

more info and a proper photo of the new sensor install and wiring diagram helps as we cant see your diy set up.what ever you do to the uv cylinder will need a written g3 safety check before use. i reckon you already know that :)

Happy fiddling :LOL:

Hi not at home at the moment so no can’t do on the photo.

The cylinder is completely as installed with the duel stat in the lower pocket. I have temporarily secured the evo stat in the upper sensor pocket (obviously will read a higher temp in this location - ideally if this is the control stat it should be in the lower pocket). Duel stat is in control as I am not comfortable with this fixing.

With respect to the wiring, I had to trace all the connections as the system was wired in a completely non standard fashion I.e neutrals in 1, CPC in 10, boiler SL from the zone valves in 5 etc. Etc.

I’ve left this mostly alone as I didn’t feel the need to ‘fiddle’ overly.

For the DHW circuit, SL from the programmer originally came in at 7, duel stat at 7 and 6 for the BR to the DHW zone valve. I have moved the live from the programmer to a spare connection at 8 and connected my wireless relay at 8 and 7, so stats wired in series and no electrics or hardware for the UV cylinder touched at all.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Please find attached photos of he sensor well and evo stat.

Thabks

Attachments

• 281704EA-31E7-470C-ACC4-27266BB13451.jpeg
    281704EA-31E7-470C-ACC4-27266BB13451.jpeg
    204.9 KB · Views: 96
  • 1C55BE68-C4FD-48AC-99BC-215A03498D77.jpeg
    1C55BE68-C4FD-48AC-99BC-215A03498D77.jpeg
    83 KB · Views: 99
Sorry to hijack this post, but can't work out how to start a new one!! I have a system which has hot water tank, underfloor heating, main house zone and annex zone. I have no problem with the underfloor heating or hot water..... BUT!! I was hoping to have the main house zone valve actuated by the BDR91 when one of the HR92 TRv's put out a demand (which also told the open therm to start the boiler) and then another BDR91 to operate the Annex zone valve when on of it's HR92's put out a demand (and then gets the open therm to start the boiler) I really didn't want the annex circuit to have to heat up each time the main house was being heated. Am I asking too much ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back