Honeywell G4 Accenta - Door contacts problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon all,

We had our alarm system installed a couple of years ago, I can't get hold of the company that did it to solve my problem and it seems too small a job for somebody to come out for.

So I was hoping I could sort out the issue myself with some advice for you good people

The issue:

When we had upvc french doors fitted recently, the fitters had to detach the alarm contacts, they put the two contacts together and taped them up.

At some point one of the wires (blue one) has become unattached from the contact.

When I set the alarm the unit just beeps rapidly with an error message "Back door"

I was hoping to shut off the electric off and re-attach the wire myself but looking around the internet gave me the impression that things could go badly if I do.

As I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to this problem I am here..

Please could somebody advise me on the best way to proceed.

Many thanks
[/b]

Sponsored Links
No ... Just put it back under the silver screw in the contact no high voltages ...

If one of the two silver screws is missing a wire, that's where it should go.

Sponsored Links
Strip back the brown wire put it around the screw as the other wire , there is no tamper loop on that cable, put the magnet at the side of the contact and try to set sytem.

Hi Guys,

So I attached the wire and didn't die.
The error message has now gone but the alarm won't set, it just beeps continuously until I re-enter the code.

Any ideas?

If it was deffo the brown that came out twist it together with the blue & try again. If that fixes it the switch is duff. You can get contacts that work with a large gap that are fine for UVPC doors. That would be the long term fix rather than having the switch made redundant by taping the magnet to it.

If it was deffo the brown that came out twist it together with the blue & try again. If that fixes it the switch is duff. You can get contacts that work with a large gap that are fine for UVPC doors. That would be the long term fix rather than having the switch made redundant by taping the magnet to it.

Would it cause a problem if I twist together the wrong colors?
If not I could just try them all?

The orange wire is also longer than the rest.

No as there shouldn't be the 13v supply on any of them as no need for a switch. At the most you would have the switch (2 wires) & tamper loop (two wires again.) If that contact isn't making a circuit you would get the fast beeps when trying to set the alarm & after the delay timeout (whatever that is set to) the alarm would sound.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back