Honeywell Galaxy Dimension 48 - Abort Time

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I recently moved and the house has a Honeywell Galaxy Dimension 48. Clearly is was not set up by a professional. The previous owner gave me the codes and mentioned a couple of things which didn't work properly.

Having spent hours on it I have resolved all but 1 of the issues now.

The remaining problem is that there is no delay when a non exit/entry zone is triggered when the alarm is set. We have "part set" set up so that we can set the alarm when in the house overnight. In this state some of the downstairs zones are still active. Those which have FINAL/EXIT/ENTRY function are fine, but there are a couple of PIRs which have INTRUDER function. It's all too easy to blunder into one of these zones and the alarm immediately goes off.

From the manual it seems that this should be handled by 51.03 Abort Time. We have 2 groups (House and Garage), so after selecting the group and then 01 Abort Time I have entered 30 seconds. However this has made no difference.

In the notes it says the abort time can be modified by a * or #. The behaviour I have seems to be that associated with the *:

Star * abort alters the standard operation so that if a user strays from the entry route within the entry time, the intruder is signalled as soon as the entry deviation occurs.

However I do not seem to be able to modify the Abort Time with either * or #.

I have firmware version 6.93.

Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong?

Thanks,

Steve.

Sponsored Links
Update:

Maybe Abort Time is not really what I'm after here. I guess ideally what I want is for all my INTRUDER zones to function how they do currently when the group is FULL SET, but to instead work like ENTRY zones when the group is PART SET (ie they cause the horns to sound and give me 30 secs before the alarm goes off to cancel the alarm. Is there a way to achieve this? Seems an obvious requirement.

Steve.

Not sure about your particular system but on my Galaxy G2-12 you can set each zone differently for part set/night set/full set. The first pir which catches us after entering the alarmed area is set to entry, thus starting the countdown timer.

You should have a detector in the lower hall to catch you coming down the stairs in the morning. This should be set to PART ENTRY zone type. This means that in part set it will trigger the entry timer allowing you to get to the keypad to disarm the system. In full set it will revert to a standard EXIT type zone, requiring a FINAL zone trigger before allowing walk-through. Any other detectors that are on the way to the keypad as you come downstairs need to be EXIT zone types. The entry door for full/part setting should be FINAL zone type. You normally keep the FINAL zones, as this lets someone go to bed and set the system, then someone else come home and enter and disarm.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Galaxy Guy. Sorry I completely forgot I posted and just checked and saw your reply. You know i must have read the different functions descriptions 100 times and for some reason didn't realise that PART ENTRY was the correct setting. Possibly it was because I confused myself with abort time. For me, with where the keypads are versus the first PIRs that would pick you up on a PART SET you do not need the zones to be EXIT on a full set so maybe this added to my confusion too. Anyway. Many thanks. I now finally have this working. My neighbours will be pleased!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back