honeywell galaxy g2-20 ARC Comms fail

Alarm,
I made the changes requested but the panel still seems to state failure on line fail even though its set to NO, and ARC Comms Fail.

Yale, the panel is not specific to ADT so I dont see what the problem is with Alarm providing me with the information I need? Besides, as far as I know after speaking with ADT engineers they change their system codes and engineer codes so it would make no difference whether Alarm provided me with this information or not. I find it really irritating when people say this information should not be provided because its better for an engineer to come out and install it and I have to then pay them when this information should be available if the product is not owned by a particular company when in this particular instance it does NOT belong to ADT.

Sponsored Links
Anyone can default a Yale.
See the difference :mrgreen:

But they would have activated the system if it was armed - So unless they were the original owner/user then the alarm has already done eactly what it was supposed to do. You would not be able to silence the external siren and it would just keep sounding for the 10 mins or whatever you had programmed it to do. When you had defaulted the panel you then would not be able to communicate with the siren to turn it off.

When you changed the options how did you enter the commands.

Once the right command is in you press ESC, it sounds backwards but thats the way.

Also after doing it all power down and reboot.
Just to clear down everything. You may not have cleared the "alerts"

Sponsored Links
When you changed the options how did you enter the commands.

Once the right command is in you press ESC, it sounds backwards but thats the way.

Also after doing it all power down and reboot.
Just to clear down everything. You may not have cleared the "alerts"

I went into menu 56, went to telecoms and then changed the values to those described, I do think I pressed, ESC, will check again when I am there tomorrow. When you say power down the whole system? Do you mean kill the mains and remove the battery? Would that not lose all the settings on the panel like the programming that has been completed?

No, its a NVM processor, will hold memory for 25 yrs give or take with no power.

I`m saying drop power as I dont know what you have done or are doing.
And use the manager code for the resets.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back