Honeywell Galaxy G2-20

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

New to the forum but have been finding it extremely useful for some time. So thanks to everyone that contributes and helps DIYers like me.

I have already used the search function however all I've been able to find is the information for those without the engineers codes.

I'm looking for some assistance to reset my Honeywell Galaxy G2 series back to factory settings as I am upgrading to a Flex20 unit. Does anyone have the (or can PM me) the correct process for restoring back to default?

I have both the manager and engineer codes for the system.

My Flex20 will be utilising the RF portal, both wired and wireless peripherals (door contacts and PIRS) except with the addition of the Ethernet module to allow connectivity with Honeywell's app.

Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Eng Menu 51.17 has a load defaults option.

Hopefully you have the A083-00-10 Ethernet V4.14 for the Flex, as all previous have issues. They can work for weeks or months then the Ethernet hangs and requires a power cycle. V4.14 is supposed to fix this.

Eng Menu 51.17 has a load defaults option.

Hopefully you have the A083-00-10 Ethernet V4.14 for the Flex, as all previous have issues. They can work for weeks or months then the Ethernet hangs and requires a power cycle. V4.14 is supposed to fix this.

Galaxyguy, you are a legend thanks very much for your quick response!

I’ve got the old E080 Ethernet but it was my intention to buy and use the A083-00-10 for this setup as recommended by Honeywell for firmware 3.

I’ve got minor experience setting up new systems but not transferring RF portal and wireless peripherals from an old to a new set up but fingers crossed in not having any issues!

Thanks again for your help. It’s very much appreciated!

Make sure you get the V4.14 version, as there are even two older versions of the -10 module (V4.10 and V4.11) that cannot be updated.

The portal is fairly easy to set up. Wire up and use menu 72 to scan for it. Note that as well as the RF portal address, it will grab 1 virtual RIO address slot on the FX20 (giving 12 wired or a mix of 20 wireless zones) if you don't have a physical RIO fitted already. Learning RF devices is just the same as the G2.

Sponsored Links
Make sure you get the V4.14 version, as there are even two older versions of the -10 module (V4.10 and V4.11) that cannot be updated.

The portal is fairly easy to set up. Wire up and use menu 72 to scan for it. Note that as well as the RF portal address, it will grab 1 virtual RIO address slot on the FX20 (giving 12 wired or a mix of 20 wireless zones) if you don't have a physical RIO fitted already. Learning RF devices is just the same as the G2.

That's perfect. I'll make sure I look out for the V4.14!
Thanks for the pointers. Going to attempt the transfer over this afternoon, so wish me luck!

Thanks very much for your help with this. You've been great!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back