Honeywell Galaxy MK7 Keypad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all;
I wondered if anyone can help me, whilst repositioning a PIR at my home the electricians short circuted the power supply to this and blew the 0.5A Aux fuse on the alarm panel, I have since replaced this and all PIR's are now working but since then the keypad screen has been flashing and all it shows is a load of hashes, (########).
how can I remedy this? do I need to re-set the whole panel, if so how?
Your help will be much appreciated.

Sam

Sponsored Links
Hashes and not stars ?

The keypad should have come back on-line when power was connected. Open the panel, power off mains and disconnect the battery. Reconnect mains, then the battery to see if the keypad will come back. It takes about 10 seconds to boot. If it's still not showing the display after that point, then the bus may be damaged.

Many thanks for your response, did as you instructed and is all sorted now.
I wondered if you could help me with this other on going problem I am having, once the alarm has gone off, entering the user code stops the internal sounder but the outside bell carries on until it re-sets itself after 15 mins.
is there a problem with the wiring or this a setting which is wrong.

many thanks,

Sam

Sounds like a wiring issue. Either that, or you have reprogrammed the output from Bell to something else. Post a pic or detail how you have the sounder wired.

Sponsored Links
Hi, please find attached picture of the wiring diagram.

regards,

Sam

Attachments

• ALARM WIRING.jpg
    ALARM WIRING.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 2,298
How about at the siren side ? Also, have you changed the output programming ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back