Honeywell HC60NG - LED always on zone controllers off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've a multi-zone heating system based on the Honeywell CM67z controllers bound to the HC60NG. Just turned it on for the first time this heating season. After about 1 minute, the HC60NG green led comes on and stays on (24 hours so far). The 2-port valve open, pump comes on etc. All 4 of the Cm67z controllers have been brought nearby and are all set to off.

My understanding is that a solid green LED illuminated is "normal operation" when there is a call for heat. What I can't find out is what is going on when the LED is on and there is no call for heat.

Has something failed in the HC60NG? Has something become unbound somehow? Could a battery somewhere be low? Since the radio TRVs talk to the CM67z units and these in turn talk to the HC60NG but the CM67z unit are "off", where can the HC60NG get its signal to run from?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
...have found the answer. Honeywell tech support said that it is likely that it had lost its binding following being powered down for several months (he couldn't explain how this work when it contains EEROM though). I rebound them but found the same thing happened - so suspect that this is what happens when the HC60NG is knackered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back