Honeywell Home T3R Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have an Honeywell T3R Thermostat being used with a Worcester Bosch 4000 30kw boiler and it keeps turning on the boiler every 5 minutes even tho the temperature in the room is the same as the temperature set for that programme period, is this normal?

Sponsored Links
No it’s not normal. How recent is the boiler and thermostat? Has it done it since it was installed?

Hi All,

I have an Honeywell T3R Thermostat being used with a Worcester Bosch 4000 30kw boiler and it keeps turning on the boiler every 5 minutes even tho the temperature in the room is the same as the temperature set for that programme period, is this normal?
Not every 5 mins but normal if its every 10 mins whilst the thermostat is going thru its learning phase. The thermostat is TPI and is maintaining the room temperature by constantly calculating how much heat is needed from the radiators to maintain the room temperature. The default setting is to cycle the boiler 6 times an hour, i.e. every 10mins. This can be adjusted but the recommendation for a gas boiler is 6 cycles. By default the minimum boiler on time is 1min.

Sponsored Links
Yes it's done it since it was installed.

The link between L and CH has been removed, but the link between L and DHW is in place.

Not every 5 mins but normal if its every 10 mins whilst the thermostat is going thru its learning phase. The thermostat is TPI and is maintaining the room temperature by constantly calculating how much heat is needed from the radiators to maintain the room temperature. The default setting is to cycle the boiler 6 times an hour, i.e. every 10mins. This can be adjusted but the recommendation for a gas boiler is 6 cycles. By default the minimum boiler on time is 1min.

That could be it, how long does it need to finish learning? Yes the cycle is set at the default of 6 and the min. on is at the default of 1 min.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back