Honeywell Home

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just moved into a property with a combi boiler and a 'Honeywell Home' unit attached to it:

82303f3a-7ee7-4d2c-8f08-9ab12c49f49d.jpg

From searching online, we should have another unit somewhere in the house with a digital display, e.g.:

1654595640544.png

However, we do not have such a unit.

The only thing resembling it that we do have is this:

d2e55438-ad42-4897-bca7-5b56aacab2f0.jpg

But it isn't Honeywell branded and googling it suggests it is an underfloor heating thermostat...

Are we therefore missing a thermostat? Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Yes, you should have a thermostat if the Honeywell is connected up. The thermonet appears to be in holiday mode, so could have been set like this to ensure the Honeywell takes over. On the Honeywell home unit, press the round button, this should confirm if there’s power and if it’s working. Is the property your own or a rental?

Yes, you should have a thermostat if the Honeywell is connected up. The thermonet appears to be in holiday mode, so could have been set like this to ensure the Honeywell takes over. On the Honeywell home unit, press the round button, this should confirm if there’s power and if it’s working. Is the property your own or a rental?
thanks for reply. I haven't had a go at the Thermonet unit yet.

the Honeywell unit is attached to an Ariston boiler. I put central heating on summer operating mode (i.e. "0"), and then pressed the 'fire' icon button on the Honeywell and can confirm that it works: it fired up the boiler and the radiators started heating up. so it appears to be connected / working. also fyi the 'wifi' icon on the Honeywell unit is flashing red, so i was wondering if i could download the Honeywell Home app and try and connect to / control it that way?

the property is our own--completed last Tuesday.

Honeywell do a digital thermostat that is identical to the one pictured so my guess is that you have the correct thermostat already.

Sponsored Links
If it’s flashing red, it’s sounds like it’s lost the pairing between the thermostat and receiver. Are you able to ask the previous owners of the property?

thanks for the replies. i've emailed the agent to ask the owner. i'll also have a look at the Thermonet downstairs to see if i can control the radiators with it.

i'll probably create a separate thread, but relatedly my Ariston Microgenus 23 turns itself on occasionally for no obvious reason. it's also accumulating pressure. i bled the radiators until it hit 1 bar the other day and it's already back up to 2.

i've played around with the Thermonet unit. it controls the underfloor heating in kitchen and bathroom--nothing to do with the central heating.

the former owner got in touch (via the agent) to say that when he moved out the removal company "accidentally" took the thermostat for the boiler and that we may wish to "change the boiler" or "make other arrangements".

what are my options? we would prefer not to get a new boiler for obvious reasons... could we simply order a new thermostat and configure it ourselves? or does it need to be professionally installed?

edit: having done some googling, it looks like the thing in the boiler cupboard attached to it (an "r3h710rf0005") is a 'boiler relay' which is designed to work with the T3, T3M and T3R thermostats. so i'm hoping i can order one of those and pair it?

Last edited:
If that information is correct, it’ll be the T3R and yes you can pair/bind it to the receiver, I’ve done a few, it’s quite easy. https://ensupport.getconnected.hone...thermostat-to-the-receiver-box?language=en_US
thanks for your help.

i'm 99% certain it's the right info. this is written on the faceplate of the 'boiler relay':
a131a3c8-12d4-4684-8cac-2975d8a10b4b.jpg

and this doc suggests it works with the T3R:
1654677756990.png

our preference would be for the previous owner to send it to us, but if not we'll buy one and set it up using the guide you posted--thank you :)

Reactions: CBW
What is the boiler make and model
Reason for asking is, if you have to replace the thermostat, you might want to upgrade the thermostat to better spec Honeywell unit

If you look at the Honeywell T6R, it will have OT option which your boiler does not have but replacement may well have that option. Your will be able to control your boiler remotely and it also has geofencing option that automatically switches the heating off and on depending on distance from the house.

If you look at the Honeywell T6R, it will have OT option which your boiler does not have but replacement may well have that option. Your will be able to control your boiler remotely and it also has geofencing option that automatically switches the heating off and on depending on distance from the house.
so, in order to benefit fully from the T6R i would need a new boiler that supports OpenTherm, but i could still use the T6R with my current boiler to control the heating, etc?

so, in order to benefit fully from the T6R i would need a new boiler that supports OpenTherm, but i could still use the T6R with my current boiler to control the heating, etc?
10 out of 10.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back