Replacing honeywell system with Google Nest gen 3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

We moved into our new property in May and its the first time we've used a boiler system (previous properties have been storage heaters) i love tech and home automation and would like to upgrade to a more modern system removing the existing honeywell units.

Currently we have an ST9400C downstairs directly below the boiler and a smaller honeywell unit on the first floor controlling the radiators. Can someone advise if I would need two google nest units?

FYI - We're in a new build town house the 1st and second floor is radiators and the ground floor is entirely underfloor heating using three heatmeiser controllers. I would like to leave these as they are.

Photos of the two units attached. Apologies but I cannot find a model number for the smaller unit.

Thank you for your help.

Ben

Attachments

• 20210101_095522.jpg
    20210101_095522.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 205
  • 20210101_095531.jpg
    20210101_095531.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 233
  • 20210101_095601.jpg
    20210101_095601.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 205
Sponsored Links
Which Heatmiser controls are they? Can you post a photo? If they're Neostats then they're app-controllable, so you'd be better off getting another one to do your radiators, then you can have everything on one app

Hi @muggles , they're the neostat v2. I'd not considered using one for the radiators. In which case would I change the st9400c to a nest?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
as @muggles says better if you post a pic of your Heatmiser controls for best advice, if you decide to go Nest you just need one set the receiver replaces the Honeywell programmer and the nest thermostat replaces the upstairs thermostat, but you must have another receiver somewhere for the existing upstairs thermostat probably next to your wiring centre

Uploaded a photo of the heatmeiser unit @ianmcd. I assumed that the dt92 and st9400 communicated wirelessley or via a cable back to the boiler? Sorry I don't know much about the system..

Attachments

• 20210101_112603.jpg
    20210101_112603.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 165
yes you can use then nest if you want, here is a pic of the 92E with its receiver as said probably next to the wiring centre

DT92E.png

Yep, that's a Heatmiser Neo. A NeoKit and a NeoAir will get you up and running for full smart control of all your zones in one app (instead of Nest). I think you'll have a DT90E wired version, not a DT92E wireless. Worth popping it off the wall to check before you order though, just in case. If you have a DT92E you'll need slightly different kit

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back