Honeywell MK7 Keypad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All - I have an MK7 (with Proximity) running on a Galaxy Dimension 96. I'm trying to turn down the volume off the beeps it makes when you press the keys/buttons. I've managed to turn off the entry/exit sounds so that it just uses the internal bell, but I'm not having any luck with the key presses?

Any help appreciated

Thanks
Tony

Sponsored Links
The volume control is not programmable on the CP038 keypad. You need to open it and turn the pot on the PCB to reduce the volume.

Thanks GalaxyGuy, I hope you don't mind me be cheeky and picking your brains on a few other Galaxy things. :)
  • If I open the MK7 will there be a tamper? no issue if there is, just curious before I open it.
  • I've installed an Ethernet Module and the GX Remote Control app. The app works fine, I can arm and disarm the alarm from the app, see the logs etc. The only disappointment, unless I'm missing something, is the app doesn't give any alerts on the device for events, it just adds them to the log. Have you any experience with this? I went for the Ethernet Module as a way of notifying me on my mobile if the alarm is triggered and I'm away from home. However unless you constantly watch the log it doesn't tell you if its been triggered, the only option I can see is to get a GSM dialler to SMS me and then I can use the app to disable the alarm, which seems really pointless.
  • Finally if I do need a GSM dialler have you got any recommendations for one that is compatible with the Galaxy 96?

Many thanks
Tony

- Log in with the engineering code and this will disable any tampers on the system.
- Check out selfmon - google it. It's a 'very' low cost platform for self monitoring Galaxy systems via IP - including path checking, DNS, Etc.. It's my business, so I don't really want to plug here, just search for it. At least you can try it out for little outlay.
- There are a few GSM dialers on Ebay. I tried to look for the one that I normally recommend, but cannot see it at the moment. Someone else may pipe up with a link here. They pretty much all work with clean contacts or open collector outputs, so will work with any panel. Only downside is that you need to log in to see the event.

Also, Honeywell are releasing new firmware on the Dimension to control outputs from their app. This was always possible with 'guard codes', but it's a feature of the app that a few people may want.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back