Honeywell product support/replacement for "Joe Blogs&qu

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I have a honeywell CM927 married up to a BDR91 receiver.

The thing is, my BDR91 receiver is faulty and I require a replacement. It only has a range of 6 feet of so. I know it's faulty as I have swapped it out with another one which works fine.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get these things repaired or replaced somehow by Honeywell? I've looked on their website and it would appear if you're not in the trade you're stuffed.

£60 for a new one seems a bit steep (only price I could find). Especially as mine's faulty straight out of the box. Sadly I bought it over a year ago (off ebay) and I've only just got round to fitting it.

Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Jon.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that.

I've emailed them so fingers crossed! I've asked them if they'll do a swap for a small fee (with it being out of warranty). Hope the weather warms up. Don't fancy being cold if I have to remove my unit before I get a new one!

Cheers again

Jon.

Well after a lot of emails backwards and forwards I eventually received this reply:

Hello

There is an 18 month warranty on our products when bought through our merchants.

We regret that we are unable to provide assistance to you on this occasion as the goods were purchased through an unauthorized and therefore unsupported channel. Honeywell does not knowingly supply goods for onward sale via such a channel and therefore accepts no liability for the condition of goods purchased in this manner. We regret that you have a problem and would advocate that all future purchases are made through reputable channels whereby full product support can be obtained in the case of any problems. On this occasion we can only refer you back to the vendor from whom you purchased.

So in other words "You're on your own pal!"

I can't believe they don't offer a repair service. Very disappointing.

So, could someone point me towards the cheapest place to buy the BDR91 receiver on its own? The cheapest I've seen it is around the £60 mark.

Thanks!

Jon.

Sponsored Links
Did you purchase it from a private individual or from a business outlet?

If it was a private individual then you have no comeback. But if it was from a business you are covered by the Sale of Goods Act.

If you did buy it from a business, it would be worth phoning Consumer Direct (08454 04 05 06) and asking their advice. Make sure you tell them the whole story. I used them when my LCD monitor gave up after two years. It had a one year warranty, so the retailer was not interested. But with Consumer Direct's help I got the retailer to accept responsibility for the repair, which cost £80.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back