Honeywell Programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Honeywell ST6400C

I had a brief power outage, and when power returned the controller did not reset properly

* the time display was blank
* both heating and Hot Water lights were permenantly on and did not respond to switching off or to timed on/of

Pressing the 'reset' button fixed things but involved re-setting time clocks etc.

User guide says there's a built-in battery that can handle outages up to 4 days (this was 5 minutes!) so I asume it's failed.

Can the battery be changed easily? Bought where? Need an electrician/technician or can I DIY and if so how?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I've had this problem for a while and I've been waiting for some 'downtime' (e.g. warm weather) but yesterday it annoyed me so much that I swapped the battery on the spot.

You need a Varta Mempac 3.6V. This is a rechargeable NiMH battery. The one in my programmer was 100mAh, but technology seems to have progressed and new ones are 140mAh.

There are no screws on the programmer. Once you take it off the wall plate, it's all clips. There are two PCBs that plug into each other. It's quite simple to take apart.

Now the bad news: The battery is soldered onto the board. You will need a soldering iron. I also recommend a desoldering pump. It's soldered on both sides of the PCB but this being an old unit the PCB is not very dense. So if you can solder/desolder, it's a simple job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back