Honeywell R6660D with Drayton Wiser Multizone Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm looking to move over to the Drayton Wiser system at the weekend.

I've already done a bit of searching on the forum and found a couple of threads with some useful info.

I'll be swapping out a Honeywell R6660D with a Drayton Wiser Multi Zone Thermostat connected to a Baxi combi boiler.

From looking at the wiring configuration diagrams then I assume the Drayton back plate should be as follows:

Honeywell---------Drayton
N - Blue ------------> N
L1 Brown ----------> L
L2 -> A (Link Wire) ---?
B - Black -----------> 3
C -
D -
E -

Link Wire

Unlike some of the other threads I've seen I have a link wire from L2 -> A on the Honeywell.

I assume I'll need to include this on the Drayton linking L -> 1 on the Drayton

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The Honeywell R6660D is a wireless thermostat. So, I assume the wiring is connected to a HC60NG receiver.

Capture.JPG

However, I'm puzzled why you are using a multi-zone Wiser to control a combi boiler presently fitted with just one room thermostat. Can you confirm which Wiser receiver you are wanting to replace it with.

Capture1.JPG

From your description and comments about the Wiser and the links, I would expect it to be the One Channel version and not one of the multi channel versions. If it is the One Channel version, and only if: [if it's another version don't follow this]

Honeywell N = Wiser N
Honeywell L = Wiser L
Honeywell A = Wiser 1 (COM)
Honeywell B = Wiser 3 (ON)

The link requirement depends if the boiler has been wired for 24v control or 230V control.

If there is already a link between Honeywell L and A then it is wired for 230V and you will also need the link between The Wiser L and COM.

If there is not already a link between Honeywell L and A then it is wired for 24v and you do not need the link between The Wiser L and COM. If you were to add it you will be putting 230V on to a 24v circuit board which is not a good idea.

Last edited:
From what I understand the Wiser has an OpenTherm unit temp2.jpg so only wall plate connection is power, much depends which Baxi combi boiler, the Honeywell R6660D did seem popular, it did have fail safe if RF link lost, but also used mark/space to reduce hysteresis (over shooting) which was not really a good idea with a modulating boiler, so I can see why you want to change, but if you are changing then if boiler is OpenTherm then that must be the way to go.

Hi

Sorry for the confusion its a Drayton Multi Zone Kit rather than the multi zone thermostat:
https://www.draytoncontrols.co.uk/products/Smart-Heating/Wiser/wiser-multi-zone-kit-1-0

This is the one that popped up via the Drayton product helper.

I'll open it up later and take a look but assume its single-channel which would make sense - we've only got a single thermostat currently.

The boiler is a Baxi Platinium Combi 40ERP

The Honeywell receiver already has the link in, and reading the Baxi docs its 230V so I'll need to carry this over to the Drayton.

Sponsored Links
OK, it probably is the One Channel you have. Wiser seem to use the term multi-zone Kit when just a single room thermostat is used with TRV's.

In reality, the term is usually used to refer to systems where the heating system plumbed in such a way that it is split into more that one zone, generally living rooms and bedrooms each of which has a separate room thermostat.

Great stuff, I'll look to change over on Sunday using the configuration below now I understand the importance of the loop wire.

That's the thing that threw me in the first instance - I'm sure its caught a few out :-0

Honeywell N = Wiser N
Honeywell L = Wiser L
Honeywell A = Wiser 1 (COM)
Honeywell B = Wiser 3 (ON)

Honeywell L and A = Wiser L and COM.

Thanks so much for your help and clarification its been really helpful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back