Honeywell relay box (HC60?) with no visible thermostats

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have recently moved in to a rented house. The combi boiler is attached to a Honeywell relay box, which from what I can make out is also some sort of RF receiver. R6660 is on the PCB inside the box.

Until now the relay box has done nothing and the heating has remain off. As it is colder today, the heating in now on, presumably because of a thermostat setting.
Every time the boiler is switched on at the mains, the relay box clicks - as if there is demand for central heating.

I cannot find any thermostat 'transmitter' units anywhere in the house.

Questions:

- Would the relay box need to pick up an instruction from a transmitter to turn the heating on? Or does it remember previous settings (i.e. times).

- Is there any way to manually override the heating coming on?

Hope that made sense!

Sponsored Links
1. Ask the Landlord or letting agent seems the most obvious answer.

2. HC60 is a boiler module, 6660 is a variant designed to work with a transmitter, usually a Honeywell programmable room stat.

3. The button on it is a manual override. Green Led lit = central heating demand, unlit = boiler off. Red flashing = fault or can't find transmitter, or was never paired to transmitter.

4. The unit will click when the power is turned off, this is not significant.

5. It has no internal time memory functionality.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back