Honeywell RF Wireless

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a self-installed Honeywell G2-21 with all hardwired zones currently. I have an RF portal for use of keyfob.
I have been looking at adding a wireless door contact and possibly a glass break unit for the shed.
For the Wireless door contact it would be located about 20 metres from the RF portal antennae, and the lowest signal level reports as 3.
Is this going to be OK, or is there a minimum the level must be for a reliable signal? It's only a small property, so would appear the RF portals don't have much range?

Sponsored Links
Do you have the portal the right way up and far enough from the control panel metal enclosure ?

If I remember rightly the metal antennae was pointing vertical. Is that right?
As for the rf portal location the control panel is located in the loft and the rf portal is located in the hallway near the keypad.

The portal antennae should be vertical, so if it's that way, then it's right. These devices are 1km in free space and normally perform very well in domestic. If you have foil backed drywall, then that would be a problem, otherwise never had a range problem in domestics.

Sponsored Links
I'll have to try another sensor just in case a sensor issue. The only items between the RF portal and the shed is an internal wall and an external wall.
Would a wireless access point/router in the room between the RF portal and shed cause any interference or do they operate on different frequencies?
What is a minimum level acceptable for a solid connection in terms of the scale up to 10 for the devices?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back