Honeywell ST6400C/CM907 to Hive (Thermal Store)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

New here and have seen a few threads close to resolving issues similar to mine but not managed to figure out the answer.

My heating setup: Baxi boiler that simply heats my tank (sealed system). Hot water is mains pressure that passes through the tank. Tank just feeds the rads.

The ST6400C was just in permanent on mode for both Water and Heat. We controlled the heat from the CM907 using the 7 day timer. We left the water on 24x7.

Below is the wiring from the ST6400C.

The block you can see at the front has a red and yellow wire going in to it which are not being used by the programmer.
IMG_20200807_093659.jpg

Here's what was going in to the CM907.

IMG_20200807_121302.jpg

This last pic is what was behind the CM907 and the unused blue wire I assume is the same wire connected to the N on the ST6400C.

IMG_20200807_145517.jpg

I obviously need to move a few things around, but wanted some advice before I start attempting it myself.

Cheers,

Roy

Sponsored Links
OK hive single channel ,
LNE to LNE on the hive
A&B on your stat to 1&3 on your hive

OK hive single channel ,
LNE to LNE on the hive
A&B on your stat to 1&3 on your hive

Ian,

Thanks for your reply. Obviously I'm going to remove the current stat and replace with the Hive one. So the wires won't be going anywhere...

I'd still like to be able to turn the hot water off if needed.

I'm wondering if the two wires in the block in Pic 1 are the wires that would normally be in 1&2.

Sponsored Links
Hive needs a permanent live, permanent neutral and permanent earth, supply as well as the switching wires. So do you intend on keeping the Honeywell ST6400C or replace this and Stat with Hive?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back