Replace honeywell cm907 with Hive heating single channel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm looking to replace my Honeywell CM907 thermostat (see attached pictures of the wires) with a Hive Heating, my combi boiler is Potterton Titanium 28.

How to wire the 3 actual wires to the Hive receiver (the grey, unused, is behind the brown and black)?

Thank you for the help.
Sebastian

Attachments

• 20200311_161845.jpg
    20200311_161845.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 1,063
Sponsored Links
The two wires now in Honeywell thermostat A and B go to Single Channel Hive terminals 1 (Common), and 3 (Heating on)

dkyJ2U6.png

However, your existing thermostat is battery operated, but the Hive is mains powered. So in addition, you need to connect a 230V supply to the Hive receiver N and L. This should come from the same fused connection unit that is supplying power to the boiler, so that when the boiler supply is switched off, the Hive is also.

Terminals 2 and 4 aren't used.

The two wires now in Honeywell thermostat A and B go to Single Channel Hive terminals 1 (Common), and 3 (Heating on)

View attachment 186138

However, your existing thermostat is battery operated, but the Hive is mains powered. So in addition, you need to connect a 230V supply to the Hive receiver N and L. This should come from the same fused connection unit that is supplying power to the boiler, so that when the boiler supply is switched off, the Hive is also.

Terminals 2 and 4 aren't used.

Thanks
If the grey wire is the neutral and the brown is with 230V should work?

Sponsored Links
Is that where you want the receiver? If yes,it could possibly work.

Some boilers are wired to use either 230V or 24v for their control circuits; so in the latter case it wouldn't work [although, I think from memory your boiler is 230V only] If you use a multimeter to test between the brown and grey wires, it will soon show if 230V is present there or not.

If your boiler has an internal timeswitch, that will need to be set to be permanently on to provide power to the Hive receiver.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Yes, is 230V between brown and grey, also same 230V between brown and black. So will work to wire the Hive receiver?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back