Honeywell cm907 change to hive heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, I'm just wanting to double check that the wiring for this is as straight forward as I think it is.

I have a Logic ES35 combi boiler with the Honeywell CM907 that only seems to have a Live going to A and a Neutral going to B, there is nothing going to C. There is a grey wire not attached to anything, and an earth wire in the void space that also seems to not be attached.

Am I right in thinking I just use the Live and Neutral wires on the Hive?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    224.2 KB · Views: 173
Sponsored Links
No you are not right.

Your existing thermostat is battery operated and doesn't actually have a L & N supply. The two terminals (A & B) are simply a switch, in that A and B are electrically connected together when the thermostat switches on, as the symbol above them shows.

I can see why you are confused, but if you look carefully at the diagram and you will notice that the N is connected to a rectangle in the diagram which represents the Neutral side of the heating load and not connected directly to terminal B. Terminal B actually provides the live to the heating load.

You will need the single channel version of the Hive.

Hive.png

The switching wires which are currently in A and B at the existing thermostat will go to Hive 1 (common) and 3 (Heating on)

Because the Hive is mains powered it will also require a new 230V supply connecting to N & L. This should come from the same 3A fused supply that supplies the boiler.

Thank you stem, yes I was confused as the colours for L and N weren't right for a new build property. What you said all makes sense now. So the brown wire goes to Hive 1 (common) and the black wire to 3 (Heating on)?

So because the current thermostat is near the front door and the boiler is at the back of the house I may need to put it closer to the boiler so that it's on the same fuse?

Sponsored Links
Thank you stem, yes I was confused as the colours for L and N weren't right for a new build property. What you said all makes sense now. So the brown wire goes to Hive 1 (common) and the black wire to 3 (Heating on)?

Yes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back