Honeywell St9500c button not working...has to be pressed really hard.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi- hoping someone can offer some help.The extra hour left button on the programmer does not work properly. it needs to be pressed really hard, and then it will sometimes work. the other options work fine, however as i have an elderly father who is used to pressing the extra hour button, just wondering if this can be fixed or if i just need to buy a new ST9500C?

Sponsored Links
Quite a common fault with them, best to replace , no wiring required just lift old one off and click new one on turn the power back on and programme it, normally between £80-£100, you might get a cheap one on ebay though, you can use other cheaper controllers, but if the old fella is used to that one might be best just to get the same

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Hi,

It looks as if the buttons in the controller are a similar rubber/conductive pad on PCB combination, as on for example, a TV remote.

If you are brave enough, taking the controller apart and cleaning up the conductive pads and PCB contacts (ideally with a contact cleaner), should hopefully improve the button presses.

This isn't quite your model, but should give you an idea of what is involved to get the controller apart; and what you will find when you do!

...and please take more care when levering out the PCB, than he does! :confused:

I hope that makes sense :)

Sponsored Links
definately best option, just be sure to turn the power off before swapping or you might fuse the relays

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back