HONEYWELL SUNDIAL RF PACK 3 CLOCK PROBLEM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. Have a recently installed Sundial RF Pack 3. Clock reverts periodically (4 times in last month) to default (2010) - seems to be random fault. This is third new controller - exactly same problem. System otherwise OK. Has anyone got same problem ?

Sponsored Links
Hi, I have the same problem which is getting more and more frequent. Also the room stat, most times, resets to default. I wrote to Honeywell and they said it likely to be as a result of mains spike and advised me to have the electricity supply checked. The last event was last night at 1 am and so the only thing that switches on and off then is the fridge or outside light, and they do that on a regular basis at other times with no effect.
Sorry this doesn't solve the problem it but it seems is a common issue. Hopefully it will provoke more comment.

To TRTesting. 5 weeks ago our contractor fitted the fourth controller and this time the clock problem seems to have gone away. This controller was obtained direct from Honeywell and has a recent manufacture date. We understand that there have been problems with back up batteries of units produced a while ago. We have not had problems with the thermostats (both are wireless) but the makers instructions are a bit confusing - when trying to adjust the room thermostat temperature setting it is possible to unintentionally fire up the boiler !

Hi Fixitman, Thanks for your post which prompted me to change the battery in the programmer as I had nothing to lose. It was a standard CR2032 "button" cell. Since then, over a week ago, there have been zero incidents of the programmer "blipping" back to factory default, when before it doing it several times a day. I have written to Honeywell to see if there is a known issue and whether the battery should be changed on a regular basis, awaiting a reply. If this wasn't the problem, it is a huge co-incidence!!!!. I'll repost if it gives me any more trouble

Sponsored Links
Hello. Me again. The new SUNDIAL RF2 Pack3 controller installed in November 2015 (see above) has just failed again, only two weeks after the heating was switched on for the winter - the clock reverted by itself to the default date/time so the system is, again, almost impossible to use. Anyone else having problems with the Sundial system ?

TRTesting - did you get any response in Mar 2016 from Honeywell about the back-up battery ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back